The Realm Of Dessel Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disscussions, news, petitions, RPs and more.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make yr own Video Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikkitta Temporal
Alter Ego
Alter Ego
Nikkitta Temporal

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Nikki
Job Class: Agent, Nosferatu
Played by: Athena

Make yr own Video Game Empty
PostSubject: Make yr own Video Game   Make yr own Video Game EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Just lately I was inspired to start creating mini games for Dessel. with quirky things Like a search for Lucy's missing ring, or a game of shoot the vampire in Persephone's Capital City sewers. The only problem is I'm still waiting on my power supply, so i've decided to share a bunch of links to what I've found so far.

The following link is good for people who want to create first person shooters, and want to see a range of skill levels. There are recomendations for begining computer users/young adult and for medium xp users/Adult. Slightly advanced users are reccomended to use a software program that costs around twenty dollars, but the other two programs are FREE.

StormTheCastle.com

The following link is suggested for browser based RPGs. That means yr friends wont have to Download anything! I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but from what I gather it might be more daunting for those just starting out. Still it IS fantasy/rpg based, so i think it's something to definatly check out.

Create or Conquer

For those of yu who don't want to take th time to place things and texture everything, or perhaps lean more towards a writers perspective, the following link may be right for yu. Yu get to describe rooms, add options and develope characters with text. We're text players, so this ought to be a great choice for making Desselian adventures we can link to for our friends.

ADRIFT

There's also lots of other stuff out there! Do a quick google for Make your own, and include either rpg, video game, or text rpg to find more links to free and cheap software, free tutorials, and tips on how to pull it all together. In the meantime, I'll be doing the same!

Much love, Thena
Back to top Go down
Nikkitta Temporal
Alter Ego
Alter Ego
Nikkitta Temporal

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Nikki
Job Class: Agent, Nosferatu
Played by: Athena