The Realm Of Dessel Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disscussions, news, petitions, RPs and more.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letters to Daemon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikkitta Temporal
Alter Ego
Alter Ego
Nikkitta Temporal

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Nikki
Job Class: Agent, Nosferatu
Played by: Athena

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: Letters to Daemon   Letters to Daemon EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Baron,

I have just arrived in Verona and already have acquired a room and information. This is the city of my mothers people, or so I had thought. The D'Aubignes have many branches, I'm now told, and this one is gone. The stories told of my grandfather and aunts are distressing, though they can't all possibly be true.

Don't worry for my safety. No one here knows my surname and I am quick to watch anyone that passes to closely. Tomorrow I will walk around, and try to get my bearings here.

Last edited by Nikkitta Temporal on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikkitta Temporal
Alter Ego
Alter Ego
Nikkitta Temporal

Character sheet

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: One week later   Letters to Daemon EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Baron,

Verona is larger and finer than Dessel by far and everywhere there is business and gleaming houses. The number of people here is overwhelming at times, though I'd like yu not to repeat that. I have discovered the old chateau my mother lived in. It stands closed up in a quiet and otherwise respectable neighborhood, though the drunks at the nearest tavern say it wont last with "that house" in it's midst. They openly fear it and claim it is haunted. I have been watching the patrols of guardsmen closely and the habits of the other houses. I should be able to break in tonight without being seen...sometime around midnight.

Don't write back, Daemon. I don't want these people knowing of my affairs, or my real name for that matter.

Last edited by Nikkitta Temporal on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikkitta Temporal
Alter Ego
Alter Ego
Nikkitta Temporal

Character sheet

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: One week later   Letters to Daemon EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 pm

Baron,

I am now staying in the haunted and rodent infested house of my mother's family, as my gold is running low. The spirits and mice don't bother me, and I can't begin to tell yu how nice it is not to have people constantly underfoot, and ample room to breathe. I only go out for provisions, but just today I passed a weapons smith near the harbor. The cloying smell of salt and seaweed wafts over the docks constantly and everywhere white and gray birds are cawing and swooping down to pick a crumbs and fish. It's a noisy district even beyond the wildlife, for the docks men and fishermen yell and sing and curse with rude abandon. It's absolutely repulsive the way they look at women and I very nearly destroyed a man today for his indiscretion. Heathens and no manners! But I digress. The smithy was in and I took stock of his wares, chancing upon a rapier that I wanted. It's hilt is simple with clean, unbroken lines. What made it more appealing was that it has a large amethyst set into it's hilt that I would pluck out, and replace with a ruby, so that if anyone stole it I could find and murder the thieves.

The proprietor has promised to set it aside for one week for a surcharge of ten coin. Please send money to the address below. I shall wait every day until it arrives.

-A

Care of Mad'am Allyssa
The Building of Registration and Post
East Coral Way
Verona
Back to top Go down
Daemon
New Comer
New Comer

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Daemon
Job Class: Aristocrat
Played by: Dave

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Daemon   Letters to Daemon EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Mad'am Allyssa,

I am glad to hear that you are well, and that you find Verona fair. It is indeed a marvel compared to Dessel, and there are many more wonders to find in the cities around Dessel. Our little town is very removed from the rest of the world, but there is something to be said about knowing everyone's name in the place you live.

Keep up the observations. And be careful in the old house. Old structures can be precarious.

I will establish a line of credit for you in Verona, under strict stipulations, so that you can learn to manage your money a little more. And do continue to be careful of men.

Sincerely,

Baron Daemon SaDiablo-Angelline
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Aeonna

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Daemon   Letters to Daemon EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Baron,

I wonder what goes on in Dessel in my absence? There is no news here of the place, and many people here seem only to vaguely know it exists. Dessel is considered a haven for criminals, and haven's for criminal's considered a Dessel. How strange to hear my home town talk about in such a way, though i have never loved the place. Did I ever chance to tell yu that once father burned it down, to cleanse it and clear away the dying brush of humanity there. Dessel's recent prosperity is no doubt owed to my efforts in that case.

I have stumbled upon a mystery involving my grandmother, who's spirit haunts this place and nags me by asking for her children. Even I don't have the heart to tell her her children are dead and gone. She urges me with increasing fervor to solve her death and see the person responsible brought to justice, but how I, a child still in many ways, am supposed to accomplish this is anyone's guess.

I must admit I miss a few select people from Dessel. How is little Roi?

Yr God daughter,

A
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=21836322
Daemon
New Comer
New Comer

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Daemon
Played by: Dave

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Daemon   Letters to Daemon EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 am

Allyssa,

I have heard such things of Dessel as well, when travelling abroad. It appears the town enjoys its obscurity however. It amazes me that such a backwater town gathers so much negative attention. Don't look so negatively upon humanity, good daughter, for they can teach us much. But you and I will speak on that subject again later.

As to town events, there is to be a festival in a week or two. Aeta is throwing it at the Manse. Autumn Lights or somesuch nonsense. I truly do not want to return to those grounds, but my stature in the town almost requires my attendance. She is most unhappy with me, so I wonder how my presence within her domain will go over.

Work progresses smoothly on the house, though not as quickly as I anticipated. Between my brother, myself, and my uncle (and his crew of elementals and automata) we have cleared nearly half of the forest, redirected its inhabitants, and prepared most of the materials for the main and East wings. Dworkin has been very peculiar about the stonecutting, discarding one in every seven stones. I even think he's been summoning them directly from the heart of the mountains. My uncle's craft knowledge continues to astound me. He tells me the foundation will be laid completely tomorrow, but I don't even know how that is possible, as all we have is even ground. No hole has been dug yet.

I do not know much about apparitions and spirits, so I do not know how to help with your grandmother's situation. Has she let on anymore? I can assist if you like, but I fear my absence here may cause a stir.

Lastly, little Roi is doing wonderfully, though she seems a tad bored. She has begun taking her letters very seriously, which surprises even me. Things are strenuous around here though, and little Roi seems to have grown quite fond of the current house. I almost hate to take her from it, now that I know of her affinity.

What is the latest news on the lips in Verona? Has my god-daughter learned anything new in regards to her latent talents? What other secrets have you learned of the house?

I can't wait to hear more. Also, anything you would like to see built into the house? I have some space, it would seem. I fear I may have designed a tad overzealously, and now have openings in the upper floors.

One favor from you. If you can take some time to acquaint yourself with the local priesthoods, learning some of the pantheon of this world. I am still slightly oblivious to the faiths of the land, and it would be a considerable help.

Your Godfather,

Daemon
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Aeonna

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Daemon   Letters to Daemon EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Baron,

I am not sure why yu seem so good natured about humanity. After all yu are not one and yu are not married to a true one. Beyond that, the only woman born a human that we know in our station is her, and just look how she turned out.

As for her, I wish yu luck and protection when yu venture into her lair. I do not envy yu. Please ensure that Roi is safe, though I am sure certain people are seen as beneath her notice.

A sun room would be nice, with chairs and plants and tables for tea. Also let there be low cabinets for books along the walls. Someplace that could be cleared out for sparring with the sun on our face, protected from raid and cold. That would be most wonderful.

Verona has so much news about it's mouth and ears that I hardly know what is important and what is rubbish. Storms off the coast had been making travel difficult for ships, and some are late and not expected to come back at all. News of a certain captain dying in the Barbados seems to linger, though it apparently happened some time ago. The storms are delaying imports, and the prices of all foreign goods continues to rise. The city is ruled by six aristocrat families in semi republican form. They currently are deciding whether to sink gold into revicing the slums, or to create a new district for commerce. Both will benefit the poor and beautfy the lives of the rich.

As for religion, I knew very little. So to answeryr question I went toa local Church. The priest was reluctant to speak to me of other religions, he seemed so xenophobic, but at length I convinced him it was necessary fr a complete education.

The priest himself was of the church of God. A rather bland name, but the most popular in Verona. There is a paradise and an inferno and those who do not praise God as their savior go to the inferno after their death. The heathen gods, as he called them were mostly female. Ishtar and Isis cults are not uncommon along the major roads and in other cities. These goddesses are immortal creatures with great power, often in fertility, wrath and wealth said to reward sacrifices and prayer. They promise to deliver their devotees after death to a summerland that requires not the virtue of the church of God. Then there are the very secretive demonic cults that exist like roaches in all places, unseen and shrouded in filth. The cult of Obox-ob is one of the most well known, for it is said he offers people one wish of power in exchange for devotion to him and the final relinquishing of one's soul. As legend has it he was slain by another demon, and only retains a fraction of his former glory. He waits for the time when mortals will set him free from his abyssmal grave to wreak havoc and rule the world.

I must admit something to yu now, Daemon. I have begun to see things around people, as though they were shrouded with clouds of light or darkness. I saw something around this priest and I saw that he had many secrets. He seemed, in face and demeanor both, a kind and benevolent man, but I could not help but think he is a part of something wrought with anger and fear. The words Mandatum Dei kept coming to my mind, though I don't know what such a phrase could mean. I felt compelled to put on a show for him afterwards, so that he might not suspect me of being a heathen myself. I am wary of arousing this man's suspicion. I do not think I shall return to that church again.

-A
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=21836322
Sponsored content

Letters to Daemon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to Daemon   Letters to Daemon Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters to Daemon
Page 1 of 1