The Realm Of Dessel Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disscussions, news, petitions, RPs and more.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aeonna's Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Aeonna
Job Class: Aristocrat
Played by: Athena

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary, November 23, ????

Desann and Silver came to tea early this evening. It was not long before the men were engaged in discussion about weapons, ores and bounties. The newest maid, Martee, angered Rheksas rather badly...he struck her before the rest of the room. She ran in tears....promising retribution from her patron Lady, Surcorsa. I hope this wont mean more trouble with vampires....

I think Silver is fond of Lucy...so I insisted he stay with us, instead of at his camp. It's will not be long before he proposes, methinks.

Calan arrived after midnight. It was so good to see family! I introduced Rheksas to my cousin. He gave us each gifts, and then left. It seems he has some trouble to out run...
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=21836322
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:38 pm

November 26, Aeonna's personal Dairy

So much has happened in the past few days, I have hardly had a chance to sit. Silver has proposed, and Lucy is glowing the way a new bride does. The child within my womb grows every day.For this reason I worry at the violence that has become common place in my drawing room.

Demons after Silver, Strange nameless visitors professing to know us, and the drawing room is in shambles. A gaping opening int he floor exposes the earth below, as if something had simply eaten away at the floor boards. One couch of a set has been nearly broken in two, and blood everywhere has yet be cleaned. The poor maids are on the verge of quiting, I'm afraid.

For this reason, and also because of the strange sensations and dreams I have had recently, I have thrown myself into the study of the occult, looking for any charms or enchantments I can lay my fingers on, any explanations for these strange occurrences.

My cousin Elana has not sent the monthly stipend yet. I pray everything is well with her.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: November 28th   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Aeonna's personal diary November 28th

We resurrected Silver today. I have never summoned a demon before...I was only comforted to know that Rheksas was there. I do not believe he would let me come to harm. Silver stepped out of hell with not one stitch of clothing, though yu could hardly tell with all that fur. I rang my silver bell, as I always do, to call the maids into the drawing room and provide him with clothes. As I did though, he fell to the floor and moaned, his paws covering his catlike ears. I must confess at this point that the idea that Silver is a demon has begun to gnaw at me. I have never been assured of his real motives in Dessel, and rising from hell with his new, purportedly powerful daggers, I began to find the idea of disarming him appealing. I rang the bell twice more, till he was nearly gasping in pain and writhing on the floor. With only disarming him in mind, I stepped over him and crouched down, but the daggers disappeared before I could take them. My misgivings not assuaged, I nevertheless returned to being a good hostess. I provided him with fish and cream and clothes.

I love Lucy dearly. She is fully one third of my family here in Dessel, and I do not relish the thought of her departure, but I fear they must depart from this house soon, if not now. It is the only wise thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: November 30   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary November 30

Things are so complicated! I used to spend each August at cousin Elana's estate. All I ever cared about during those fragrant summer days was whether Elana would scold me for ruining another dress playing in the woods. Now, though....I don't know where to start.

Gwyn is perhaps to me the only connection I have left of that simpler time. He reminds me of a girl so lost and naive and yet so free! Back then I didn't imagine that things worse than my uncle Kador could be lurking in the night...and for one brief instant I had no ties, no wealth, no title or obligations. I thought Gwyn, like that time, was dead and gone.

But his isn't. I know this because he jumped out from behind my chair this morning, It was such a fright! Now, looking back on it, I cannot say why he came, unless he is cruel. He only succeeded in finishing what he started half a year earlier: breaking my heart. He told me he loved me, knowing full well I am with child and married to Rheksas....Though I am a sturdy woman, I could not take such distress. I fainted, and when I woke he was gone. Curiously, I believe Shadow Fang was there when I woke up.

As for Rheksas.... I loathed to tell him about the encounter, for fear he'd guess and be angered by how deeply I am still moved by Gwyn. Rheksas is the father of my child, the center of my beating heart, and the only man to which I can deny nothing. I cannot lose him. I will not.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: December 2nd   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary December 2nd

I slept in late today, and ate heartily at supper. It was well I did, as that foolish blind friend of silver's, Carter, ran out into the snow several times, determined to leave his body for me to find on my next stroll. I tried to take him to an inn with the help of a spell or two, but he would not come. Then, later he came back with cloud, and once more I rushed out after him. I did not have my coat, and I felt every drop of icy water touch my skin until that horrid man would come inside. I rushed him down the hall and locked him in an unused servant's room. I did not know what else to do, so bent was he on suicide.

Around the very same hour a small, broken boy found his way to our back door. He had terrible wounds and nearly lay dead from blood loss, starvation and exposure. I had him taken in, his wounds dress, and the poor thing fed. When he roused Rheksas began to question him, and found the boy was an escaped slave. I had to speak up to Rheksas, a thing I do not enjoy doing, in order to secure the boy's relative safety, as Rheksas seemed intent on returning the boy to slavery.

After that was handled I had yet another delicate subject to broach. I told Rheksas of my Uncle Joseph, the last remaining Brujo of my family's line. If ever I want to learn more about my heritage, or the truth behind my mother's death, I must speak to him before he dies. The trouble being that it is rumored he is in prison for murder....I did not think Rheksas would approve of my association with such a man, but not only did he know my uncle, he sounded rather fond of him as well. I have never met my uncle, but I was not surprised to hear he may not be gentle or kind. Nor was I surprised to hear he is a powerful sorcerer. It will not be easy to set him free of whatever prison holds him, but Rheksas has said it will be done.

Rheksas surprises me everyday. I see his cold personality towards others, and I cannot understand how he can say or do such indifferent things. With me, however, he is infinitely kind and sweet. He is always gentle and never harsh. He protects me with a vigilance I perhaps do not warrant. I have no doubt that as a husband, there is no superior.

Oh and Lucy! If only her royal subjects knew that their newly appointed Duchess were cleaning chamber pots in Dessel, what would they think? Myself, I am no stranger to watching my family work their fingers to the bone while I lived in ease and abundance. My grandmother was never more than a servant to father, nor any other member of my mother's family, save herself. Perhaps that is why she cared so dearly for those less fortunate than us. She saw, as I do, in them our own flesh and blood.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: December 6, 2007   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:42 pm

December 6, 2007

My beautiful baby girl has arrived!!! There are no words for the joy I feel, her beauty, or the gentle love that Rheksas shows her. I have a beautiful family, and I am happy!!

Zul-Aldris D'Aubigne,

daughter of Zul-Rheksas D'Aubigne and Aeonna D'Aubigne.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: December 10th   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Aeonna's personal diary December 10th

I must admit that early in the day, when Yalon came to call, I was very mad at Daguenet for not letting him. I was not informed when Darga became a fixture somewhere in the confines of our manor, nor that the newest maids, Zoey and Aimee, were....well what they are.

But Daguenet came with me to Dessel. He even offered to embark on this perilous journey with me. I never expected to hear him deny a simple request of mine. And yet he did.

I know now that it was for my own safety. The cult of the Eighth has laid siege to the city. Poisonous gas, deranged madmen, and reports of a black dragon landing right in hangman square have all reached my ear. Thank goodness Aldris and I were well away from Dessel by then.

I have received word that my immediate family plans on coming to Dessel, ahead of my step-mother. It seems she has been tampering with the children's trusts, and they may be destitute before long. Of course, I can not turn them away...
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: No date   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary No date

I can not say for how long we have been here, in Ocsuro Mundo. Aldris, myself and the rest of the household have been waiting here for some word of Dessel's fate. Cultists who worship Zul-Thoramond, otherwise known as the eighth have attacked, though I cannot say how or why. I miss Rheksas dearly, as does his daughter. This world is dark and cold. May the gods of fate and good fortune look over the D'Aubignes with kindness...
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary, December 21rst.

I have just noticed how long it has been since my last entry. How much has changed since then! Aldris, under my vigilant care, has begun to take her first wobbly steps. We have returned to Dessel, and though the house was musty and and singed, little was hurt. In reverence to the Gods of nature, we held a large Gala for all of Dessel, inviting them to put the troubles of recent times out of their mind for one solitary, joyful evening.

The reconstruction of Dessel comes slowly. In that time, I have opened the house to traveling guests. I find my home has a way of drawing people to it, and have taken the opportunity to earn my first coin, by way of a bed and breakfast.

Lucy, in her own way, has begun to grow up. I find she rebels against Rheksas less and less, and has become enamored with Daguenet, whom in all my time, I have never seen stand up to Rheksas. For this last fact, I am very grateful. I do not know what I would do without Daguenet in this world of mayhem.

... And then there is Rhyaad. The gentle, sweet prince of Dessel. Alone here, he exhibits the marks of etiquette and breeding. How far from civilization are we, that we should be alone in this! I am afraid I made a terrible misstep tonight, and have fallen in his opinion of me. I fell asleep right in the tea house, laying my head on the good High Sherriff's lap. Before long, I was roughly awaken, and only later learned that I had been talking in my sleep. How untrustworthy that must make me look! And after all my prying questions...

Beyond that...When we spoke of Gwyn I got the impression that he found the whole affair scandalous. I can not blame him. Were I him, I would as well.

Perhaps it is best that Dessel has no high society. Perhaps I am wrong to think I would belong within it.

Rheksas remains enigmatic and unpredictable. And of course, the seemingly most influential person for miles. If Rhyaad is Dessel's prince, then Rheksas is it's king, and woe to those who stand in his way.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: December 28th   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary December 28th

I feel very much at peace today, and I am happy. The killing and mayhem have subsided for the moment. Lucy has not gotten herself into much trouble, and Krimson is proving to be a diligent, loyal brother. Rheksas has surprised everyone with his kind and gentle demeanor as of late.

Aldris walks without aid now, though I don't find her remarkably inclined to get into trouble like other toddlers her age. She does, I'll admit, put odd things in her mouth, but for the most part this is the only flaw she shares with other children. She carries herself with poise and her eyes smolder with power and wisdom. Her facial features are like mine. She has full lips and the look of exotic tropical blood. But her eyes are colored like her fathers and mixed with my pale skin and raven hair. It is indeed a startling sight.

The other day Rheksas spoke to me of responsibility and my duties to our family. It did me good to have such things highlighted, but I fear there are things that yet and still cause me to feel spoiled and childish.

The most glaring is this constant surveillance. I do not know what to do! I do not doubt that Rheksas has set that ghastly Darga, or perhaps even another unseen minion to watch my every breathing moment. As if that was not bad enough, Krimson, in his kindness and the natural protection a brother feels for a younger sister, has taken to checking up on me whenever I pass by.And that metal man! The warforged. By some dint of logic and magic, he has concluded, in the implacable manner of tool that has a purpose, that I should be protected. How it managed to follow me unseen for days gives me the shivers to no end. I know each culprit here has only the kindest, most noble and flattering of intentions, but everywhere I do a contingency goes with me! Both Lucy and Rhyaad are wary of it. I can not blame them. They are each creatures of privacy, and every time I utter a word in their direction, I insure that they will be investigated and watched. It is not fair to my dearest friends and companions, that they should pay so dearly for my friendship.

Oh but how I complain! Despite this and other conundrums, I am very much better than before. I longer fall asleep at odd times of fail to sleep when I should. Life has given me reason to hope for happiness, and for more I should not expect.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Aeonna's personal diary January 6th.

Oh how my heart betrays my mind! It has been less than a week since I left behind the mourning clothes I wore for my beloved Gwyn, and already I find myself faced with another's innocent blood on my hands. How long will it be before Rhyaad dies for my folly?

I ask myself, am I evil? Is that why I felt so drawn to Rheksas, even as i was terrified by him? What other reason can there be for my impure heart and selfish ways? I shall go to church today, and beg on my knees for guidance. Perhaps the gods will take pity on me, though I cannot say I deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Aeonna's personal Diary, undated.

Until recently I had never thought of people as beyond the influence of reason. But Kane and Rheksas both have rid me of this delusion. I made a deal with a man by the name of Talgosen. He agreed to introduce me the the mysterious woman named Kane if I would try to speak to Rheksas about the treatment of the people, and try to talk some sense into him. I should have known better.

I did as I promised, and tried every way I knew to appeal to Rheksas and try to gain some leniency for the villagers, but to no avail. He even began to say I was just like the other humans, and I confess something inside me snapped. I called him a monster who would only ever see me as an animal for exploiting, and left angrily. We have not spoken since.

As for Kane, she found me shortly afterwards, at night speaking to Yalon. Whether by coincidence or collusion, Hannibal, the necromancer arrived at the same time, and distracted Yalon. I meant to flee by making a dimension door, but Kane grabbed hold of me and pulled me through. On the other side she immediately punched me in the jaw, sending me falling to the ground. Dazed, it was easy for her to restrain me while she used a strange whistle to summon a shadowy agent. The stranger tied me and gagged me, and together they moved me to an old butcher's building, where Kane asked me questions and hit me for seemingly no reason. But I guess I knew little of value, because they released me not long after. Kane promised to kill my family if I sent Rheksas after her for this. She kept going on about how humans needed to claim their birthright and expel planars from the world, or else wind up like the men in the market street massacre.

I do not know what scares me more, that she might kill me for my association with Rheksas, or that some of the things that she said seemed believable, even right.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Aeonna's Personal Diary January 25th

It is over. Rheksas and Aldris are gone, and for once in my blighted life, I am free. In shambles, but free. No longer must I obey any man! I have my family and friends around me. Rhyaad, Collette, Lucy, Yalon and Christian all stay here in this vast house that Elana bought for me. Though I must confess that my patience for Christian wears thin. The man is charming and entertaining, but that is all. Like a chocolate bunny on Good Sunday, he is hollow and without ambition, purpose or moral fiber. He has done nothing to warrant being booted, but neither has he made any efforts to put down roots here in Dessel. If this continues, I will sweep him out. I believe it is for the best.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 pm

April 4th.

I had been gone from this place for three years, and when I returned, much remained the same. Yalon still held my heart strings, my heart yet beat, and Lucy was not Mayoress. Rheksas too had been gone and it seemed Dessel had prospered greatly in our absence. The buildings, which when I left lay broken and scorched, were repaired and freshly painted. Flowers had begun to push through the soil where we buried the masses poisoned by Thoramond.

But now....

It was on one for my solitary sojourns, when I like to claim the prizes for mine alone, that I met Syntrax. That very night I knew I loved him, though I did not want to admit it. Soon he was in Dessel, causing trouble with my fellow mercenaries, whom I had brought with me, and Yalon, who longed to propose to me.

Aldris hides in a dark room downstairs and refuses to see anyone. Lucy has been reunited with a long lost love and Syn shares my bed. I have become one of the powerful undead. Thoramond threatens the city once more, and Yalon heads the military to keep from thinking on his broken heart. Pray for me, my dead mother, for I know yu could forgive me all my sins. Pray that this does not spell disaster.
Back to top Go down
Aeonna D'aubigne
Good Fellow
Good Fellow
Aeonna D'aubigne

Character sheet

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: June   Aeonna's Journal EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 5:29 am

I am 23 now, surely a woman at last, and yet, I am not. My life went so quickly through my fingers....I look back on those brief summers with Elana, and cannot help but wonder how she is, where she is.

Of course, the money comes like clockwork, each month in droves, but her letters are longer delayed, and shorter, terse.

Word must have gotten back to her at last, what I have become and what sort of house I keep. I can't blame her for shunning me. I wish she would visit!

Lucy seems happy with her engagement, and I pray it is so. Her first marriage was so trying for her. Roi endears me to her more every day, while Aldris proves more a challenge. I do love her, but she hates me so, and it makes my skin crawl to hear she hangs on every word her father utters. She seems to get on well with Dae, and I hope too, this continues.

As for Aeta, what does one say about one's alter ego? that is what she has become to me, really. Her face, so like mine, haunts me, and it bothers me I can't remember how it came to be. I remember a gnarled, ugly Aeta, and a beautiful one, and nothing in between. I keep her locked away still, though in a far nicer setting. After all, I needn't the rumor's to worsen.

Rheksas has not come again, and Yalon lingers still. I think he has gotten over me at last, but I can't remember why we split. So many unanswered questions, so many lost memories. I would care, but something within my heart tells me not to. As though some dark truth lay at the source of all this. I don't need another broken heart, not after Rheksas, and whatever happened between me and Yalon. Rhyaad still doesn't write....I hope he's alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aeonna's Journal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeonna's Journal   Aeonna's Journal Empty

Back to top Go down

Aeonna's Journal
Page 1 of 1